13 Av 5778 – July 25, 2018
Dear Anshe Emes Member/Supporter:
It’s been another amazing year at Anshe Emes; we’ve had some remarkable events and several beautiful simchas, B”H. Our shul continues to provide needed services to the community, and we are looking forward to a year of meaningful shiurim and amazing programming.
Here’s some of what’s been going on at Anshe Emes:
• The Anshe Emes / Pico-Robertson Keilim Mikveh, available every day between shacharis and mincha to better serve our community
• Lectures and shiurim from a wide array of world famous speakers throughout the year
• Amazing Scholar-in-Residence Shabbaton with Rabbi Dovid Orlofsky, Shabbos HaGadol with Rabbi Y.Y. Rubinstein, and a special Shabbaton with Rabbi Lawrence Kelemen in conjunction with the International Organization of Mussar Vaadim
• Prayer & Song with SOUL, our periodic Carlebach-style Kabbalas Shabbos davening and Friday night Tisch during the winter
• Motzei Shabbos Pizza Beis Midrash, with this year’s very successful “Shtender Club” punch card program
• Our children’s programming on Shabbos & Yom Tov with fun special events throughout the year including our Family Chanukah Party, Har Sinai Ice Cream Party on Shavuos, & more!
• Distinguished Speaker Series with Rabbi Nachum Sauer, Rabbi Eliezer Eidlitz, and Rabbi Avrohom Union
• Holiday Weekend Shabbos Kitchen Series on Bishul With Rabbi Geiger
• All-day megillah readings on Purim
• Our inspiring Shavuos program leading off with Rav Summers and continuing all night with Rabbis Adler, Prengler, Schwartz, Ishal, and Geiger, with all-night-long food and drink, followed by breakfast Kiddush at the Geiger’s home; then wrapping up the day with Rabbi Sholom Tendler
• “SEED” summer learning program with Yeshiva Chofetz Chaim
• Community Tisha B’Av all-day program
• Regular shiurim during the week and on Shabbos with Rabbi Summers, Rabbi Geiger, Rabbi Morgan, Rabbi Rabinowitz, and Mark Magid
• Emessaries weekly email – including a weekly D’var Torah from Rav Summers and Rabbi Geiger
• Awesome weekly Kiddush and Shalosh Seudos
• And, of course, our regularly updated website, anshe.org, and our Facebook page
Did you know that Anshe Emes is celebrating its 70th year of service to Klal Yisroel and the Los Angeles Community? As we mark this momentous year, we need your help to ensure that our shul continues to grow and thrive in 5779 and beyond!
We need your financial support, to allow us to continue our outstanding programming and the day-to-day activities of the Shul. We are enclosing a form for membership and Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur tickets. We ask that you please return it to us no later than Rosh Chodesh Elul, August 12th, accompanied by your check(s) or credit card number. Anshe Emes (Tax ID: 95-1792260) requests that we receive payment in full at the time your membership forms are submitted. We will issue your seat assignments for the High Holy Days once payment is received. (Postdated checks or credit cards are also acceptable). Seats are on a first come first served basis.
Membership is available to everyone regardless of economic status. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact Kendra Fuchs at email@example.com or call the office Mon-Fri 1-3 PM at (310) 275-5640 and a member of our Finance Committee will contact you.
Please fill out the following forms and submit directly to the office, via email, or USPS:
• Membership Form – Very important for everyone to complete, even if you’ve submitted one before
• Kiddush Signup – Please sign up for at least one Kiddush and/or Shalosh Seudos and enclose separate check
We would also like to ask everyone to make a donation of at least $54 to the upkeep of the Los Angeles Community Eruv (LACE). This is only a little more than $1 each Shabbos. Since Anshe Emes and a number of our members are the driving force behind the Eruv, we need to make a strong show of support. Please make a SEPARATE check out to LACE (Tax ID: 95-3287926) and enclose it with your membership. It is completely tax deductible.
All the best for a happy, healthy and wonderful 5779 and thank you for your continued support of our Shul.
Rabbi Yitzchok Summers
Rabbi Benjamin Geiger